Hopefully Spring is on it’s way!April 8, 2022
The Tap That Does It All!June 9, 2022
Rising Home Costs
Now is the time to make your kitchen more sustainable! With fuel costs rising dramatically, a few simple tips from Knights Country Kitchens to help.
- If you are investing in a new kitchen, make sure it is a sustainable bespoke timber kitchen that will last you a lifetime. Knights Country Kitchens uses solid timber as they come from a natural source. Solid timber is a green and renewable source. Solid timber doors can be repainted and repaired and are a great choice for durability.
- Reduce your water usage by purchasing an energy-efficient dishwasher or if you are a small household you could opt for a slimline dishwasher.
- Reduce your overall consumption by investing in energy-efficient big appliances like fridges and ovens. Appliances are rated G to A+++. If you want to be sustainable, then A+++ appliances will be for you.
- Recent reports suggest that gas stoves are bad for us and bad for the environment, upgrading to electric or induction ovens would be ideal. Slow cooking takes up far less energy.
- Upgrade the lighting in your kitchen to LED Lights. LEDs are highly efficient and environmentally friendly. In fact, they are 90% more efficient than incandescent and fluorescent lighting. LED’s also have a longer lifespan than other light sources.
You may already have a beautiful wood kitchen, but what about an upgrade. Replace old worktops for composite – which are recyclable at the end of their life. What about your splashbacks… glass, mineral-based quartz is a great choice! Rising Home Costs.
Give the team at family run Knights Country Kitchens a call to discuss your ideas to move towards an eco-friendly kitchen. Contact Us.